“Nature is often hidden, sometimes overcome, seldom extinguished.”
- Francis Bacon (1581-1626)
The shift of humanity into this century has been hindered with death, disease, and hunger. Natural disasters notwithstanding, the species could use a rest from the turmoil. I don’t think even Lewis Carroll could have foreseen the snake hole, which has replaced the rabbit hole that we inhabit today in relation to the acquisition of simple medicine that could save millions amidst startling research. We are moving closer and closer to cures for Alzheimer’s and Cancer but we still cannot prevent a common cold from spiraling into pneumonia in some parts of the world.
Marcus Garvey wrote, “God and nature first made us what we are, and then out of our own created genius we make ourselves what we want to be…Let the sky and God be our limit and Eternity our measurement.” If nature did help in making us who we are then why have we so disassociated ourselves from our source? The environment has been riddled with man’s ignorance, man’s own passive view of corporations who carry out their own environmental atrocities in front of us. If nature originated with a specific gender then it has been lost through time and fossilized into an unmanageable science.
I’m afraid our future may be awash in a haze of ammonia and treated with common sense medicine that will be created under a strain of government regulations and the political correctness of whose name it is to be published. Where nature meets the ends of the earth is where we will find our genetic marker, too little too late.
- Chris Mansel
Wednesday, March 02, 2005
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- The Grieving Road Show of the Culture of Life
- A Portion of the Soul Carries the Heart
- Schiavo and the Chaos Outside
- Emma Goldman
- Culture Of Life and the Sex Offender
- Wal-Mart, Choice Point Inc and the Tick Tick Tick ...
- Teresa Schiavo (part two)
- The Wolfson Report on Teresa Marie Schiavo
- The Bloggers Don’t Have A Board Of Directors
- The Fraudulent Media Whore James Gordon “Bo” Gritz...
- Terry Schiavo’s Darkness Brought To The Light
- Poverty Knows No Color
- Interview with Tom Morello by David Jenison
- Altruism and Enemy Combatants
- Choice Point Digs In For The 2008 Election
- Darfur, A Preventable Wasteland
- Genocide Fills The Air of History
- A Vote for Bud Cramer Is A Vote For Big Oil
- The Bushes Are Coming, The Bushes Are Coming (for ...
- In A Perfect Gehenna or The Emperor’s Diseased Rep...
- No Democracy, Human Rights or Basic Liberties for ...
- Children at Abu Ghraid
- State of the Blog
- The Ominous Thinning Air of the Veterans Administr...
- The NRA, Bush, and Terror Suspects and the Lure of...
- Bush's Repertoire In The Cannon of Gannon (for Bo...
- The Early Reports
- Nothing is out of reach.
- This Land Is Your Land
- Put These Hands To Rest (for Woody)
- A Watershed Moment
- George and Bandar Bush: The Cartographer’s Nightma...
- The Bush Jihad
- The U.S. Army and the Recommended Policy of Illega...
- The Eradication of a Nation
- The NSA and The Tabernacle Of The Inquisitorial
- Blowing In The Wind
- Sun Wyung Moon Over Washington
- Obiter Dictum (Ward Churchill)
- Where Nature Meets The Ends Of The Earth
- The Generation That Could Cease To Be
- Death Takes A Holiday
- Wolfowitz for Currency Czar
- ▼ March (46)