“…but in no other civilization has the will-to-power manifested itself in so inexorable a form as in this of ours...” – Oswald Spengler
Looking toward the next scandal in the White House we could stop and reflect on the many torrid and cold-blooded acts but instead we’ll focus on the one overwhelming act that has defined the presidency of George Bush. Jeff Gannon.
The Jeff Gannon scandal or as I am now referring to it “rump gate” brings together two of the three oldest traits of Washington politics. The first being lying, where would Washington be without lying? The second is prostitution. The stories of whoring in the nation’s capitol are so long that even Oswald Spengler would have abandoned it after the first five thousand pages. The third is lobbying or as it is known in its truest form, bribery. The very fact that bribery has been re-named lobbying and has been made legal gives you an idea of the kind of town we are talking about. A city that houses a President after President that says they will get touch on crime and drugs when just down the street are crack houses and criminals standing on street corners.
Politicians campaign in Middle America and the homes of the wealthily. They campaign in pre-arranged town hall meetings and scripted debates. They campaign on federal money and lie to us about how they plan to spend it if elected. In fact, the political campaign for the presidency is the biggest mutual masturbation act in the world and it goes on every four years and culminates with millions of dollars spent so that speeches can be made and delegates from rural America can have the brief belief that they can actually make a difference. What does Jeff Gannon bring to this table besides a lap dance for Scott McClellan? The Jeff Gannon’s of the political game grease palms, seats and the degenerate locals who make up the sign placers, the commercial spots, and the purveyors of misinformation that always runs rampant in times of campaigns.
Jeff Gannon walking away from this scandal with his ownership of porn websites and his acts of prostitution is par for the course when you consider the closed race of two party politics. Close enough to ask a question of the President in the White House briefing room yet far enough away to avoid investigation by the Congress and the Senate, Jeff Gannon goes on to prove that the citizens of this country like the customers of Jeff Gannon will just have to take what is given them, because from here it doesn’t look like it will get any better anytime soon.
- Chris Mansel
Tuesday, March 08, 2005
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- The Grieving Road Show of the Culture of Life
- A Portion of the Soul Carries the Heart
- Schiavo and the Chaos Outside
- Emma Goldman
- Culture Of Life and the Sex Offender
- Wal-Mart, Choice Point Inc and the Tick Tick Tick ...
- Teresa Schiavo (part two)
- The Wolfson Report on Teresa Marie Schiavo
- The Bloggers Don’t Have A Board Of Directors
- The Fraudulent Media Whore James Gordon “Bo” Gritz...
- Terry Schiavo’s Darkness Brought To The Light
- Poverty Knows No Color
- Interview with Tom Morello by David Jenison
- Altruism and Enemy Combatants
- Choice Point Digs In For The 2008 Election
- Darfur, A Preventable Wasteland
- Genocide Fills The Air of History
- A Vote for Bud Cramer Is A Vote For Big Oil
- The Bushes Are Coming, The Bushes Are Coming (for ...
- In A Perfect Gehenna or The Emperor’s Diseased Rep...
- No Democracy, Human Rights or Basic Liberties for ...
- Children at Abu Ghraid
- State of the Blog
- The Ominous Thinning Air of the Veterans Administr...
- The NRA, Bush, and Terror Suspects and the Lure of...
- Bush's Repertoire In The Cannon of Gannon (for Bo...
- The Early Reports
- Nothing is out of reach.
- This Land Is Your Land
- Put These Hands To Rest (for Woody)
- A Watershed Moment
- George and Bandar Bush: The Cartographer’s Nightma...
- The Bush Jihad
- The U.S. Army and the Recommended Policy of Illega...
- The Eradication of a Nation
- The NSA and The Tabernacle Of The Inquisitorial
- Blowing In The Wind
- Sun Wyung Moon Over Washington
- Obiter Dictum (Ward Churchill)
- Where Nature Meets The Ends Of The Earth
- The Generation That Could Cease To Be
- Death Takes A Holiday
- Wolfowitz for Currency Czar
- ▼ March (46)