If you're unclear on the kind of damage that a 28-gauge shotgun can do, the paper that first reported on Dick Cheney's shooting of Harry Whittington has some visual help for you. A photographer for the Corpus Christi Caller-Times has simulated the accident by firing his own 28-gauge shotgun, loaded with birdshot, at a paper target 30 yards away -- the same distance that is said to have separated Cheney from Whittington when the vice president pulled the trigger. The result is up for viewing here.
-- Tim Grieve
- ► 2007 (60)
- Backdoor Escrow
- Headless Horseman
- Open Borders: A Sinister Tale on How America Didn'...
- When The Only Sane Act is Jumping
- A Burden of Discovery
- Freedom Land: American and Iraqi Slavery
- Hell Is An Arsonist In Trouble's Way
- The Least Fatality
- Peppered or Hammered?
- Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- Yossarian’s 2006 Nervouse Breakdown
- Three Animal Socities
- Comics And The Art of Extremism, Both Foreign and ...
- An Excerpt of a Transcript for a new online Republ...
- The Soul Burst Open and A Million Little Lives Dev...
- Another Mule Kicking In Your Stall
- ▼ February (17)