The Headless Horseman Has Left His Tribe
Said a woman at the checkpoint in her eyes
Her son was a suicide bomber and she wasn’t yet
She collected the well wishes and cashed the checks
I focused on her facial expression to get me thru the hills
Chinooks swept me into a caravan of diplomatic stills
Every rock that could have been thrown went under the wheel
I thought about the Shahikat valley as if from here it was real
The militia sat eating during the day’s prayers I took a poll
How many had seen a chest explode and who fired into the hole
The headless horseman carried a copy of the New Yorker
He laughed and kicked the tires and asked how much longer
We’re going to explode a yellow cake of debris
From McArthur’s grave to the homes of you and me
The headless horseman has left his tribe
And there’s no going back to the other side
- Chris Mansel
- ► 2007 (60)
- Backdoor Escrow
- Headless Horseman
- Open Borders: A Sinister Tale on How America Didn'...
- When The Only Sane Act is Jumping
- A Burden of Discovery
- Freedom Land: American and Iraqi Slavery
- Hell Is An Arsonist In Trouble's Way
- The Least Fatality
- Peppered or Hammered?
- Happiness Is A Warm Gun
- Yossarian’s 2006 Nervouse Breakdown
- Three Animal Socities
- Comics And The Art of Extremism, Both Foreign and ...
- An Excerpt of a Transcript for a new online Republ...
- The Soul Burst Open and A Million Little Lives Dev...
- Another Mule Kicking In Your Stall
- ▼ February (17)