Monday, August 08, 2005
As the country now mourns the death of Peter Jennings, dead now, the ABC network having just announced his death about 30 minutes ago, many of the news personalities have said of Peter Jennings that he always tried to cover the hard stories. The hard stories in this country are a sanitized version of what is going on in the world and that is a fact that is unshakable. Born in Canada and just became an American citizen in 2003 he was certainly a good broadcaster but never for a moment should the journalist become more than what they are reporting, the story is what matters. From the days of Edward R. Murrow to Walter Cronkite to the modern days of color television and the fast cuts of a digital edge the story is where you should base your dial, whatever channel will give you the news that is the most honest, the least uncorrupted. So presumed to be buried in the United States Peter Jennings becomes just another story to wrap up yet another business day of broadcasting.
- Chris Mansel
Posted by Chris Mansel at 1:15 AM
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- Death By Ignorance
- Periods of National Disgrace
- ‘W’ and the ‘W’ Word
- The Putrefaction of the Meat on The Bone
- Attack of the Luddites
- Govt Loses 500,000 Oil Barrels Daily - Akpana
- The Gaza Strips of Wrath
- "I WANT THE TRUTH"
- The Cindy Sheehan's of the World
- The Dialogue of Sadists
- Some Good Intelligence?
- When What If Becomes How Could You
- Embedded Reporter
- Current Conditions and the Neon of Pounded Railroa...
- How A Documentary Became A Disaster Film
- Peter Jennings
- Zen and the Ballistics of Right-Wing Psychopaths
- Do What Thou Wilt Without The Guilt
- Because I'm Good At It
- Karl Rove
- Nigerian Oil and Chevron
- Novak, "That's Bullshit!"
- Bohemia Grove Texas Style (for the folks at Crooks...
- Never Go Against The Family
- Roe V. Everyone Else
- ▼ August (26)