Thursday, August 11, 2005
Can you imagine the life expectancy of an embedded reporter in Kontum or Khe Shan in Vietnam? Don’t you think these war weary troops in 1969 far too grizzled beyond their years would have put up with a FOX OR CNN reporter in their tan jacket with the pockets in front? Staring brazenly and in the epitome of mock weariness of the struggle of the troops and what that reporter had been through that day?
The embedded reporters in Iraq were trained by the American military and for the most part, maybe 94 percent have been flag wavers for the bush administration. The same pundits who are raking every one who doesn’t play ball or tout the bush regime are the same kind who used to come to Da Nang and look out at the rice paddies in the distance and go to some cocktail parties and go back home and tell the tales of war.
Journalistic integrity is still alive and kicking especially when the embedded reporters look at themselves in the mirror, well, hopefully.
- Chris Mansel
Posted by Chris Mansel at 1:40 AM
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- Death By Ignorance
- Periods of National Disgrace
- ‘W’ and the ‘W’ Word
- The Putrefaction of the Meat on The Bone
- Attack of the Luddites
- Govt Loses 500,000 Oil Barrels Daily - Akpana
- The Gaza Strips of Wrath
- "I WANT THE TRUTH"
- The Cindy Sheehan's of the World
- The Dialogue of Sadists
- Some Good Intelligence?
- When What If Becomes How Could You
- Embedded Reporter
- Current Conditions and the Neon of Pounded Railroa...
- How A Documentary Became A Disaster Film
- Peter Jennings
- Zen and the Ballistics of Right-Wing Psychopaths
- Do What Thou Wilt Without The Guilt
- Because I'm Good At It
- Karl Rove
- Nigerian Oil and Chevron
- Novak, "That's Bullshit!"
- Bohemia Grove Texas Style (for the folks at Crooks...
- Never Go Against The Family
- Roe V. Everyone Else
- ▼ August (26)