Thursday, July 07, 2005
Beware of Whores Who Say They Do Not Want Money
(The title is a line by William S. Burroughs)
The good spirited celebrities who can play an instrument gathered all over the world recently to play their biggest hits and to support a cause that asks individuals who scream about politics and don’t vote to write a leader they didn’t elect for or against to support an idea of losing money, an idea of turning against the very debts that afford these leaders to mistreat the citizens that do not vote. The ego slush fund of Live 8 drew advertisers on video feeds, corporations vied for the right to webcast the events, the corporations that regularly commit environmental crimes against the poorer countries. Those who do know history but fail to take a role in the future are doomed to repeat the present and to hand it down to their children. So organize another benefit for another charity and guarantee the celebrities face time like any other pundit and they will come.
- Chris Mansel
Posted by Chris Mansel at 2:00 PM
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- The Lump In Your Throat Is Not A Tear
- A Monstrosity of Conformity
- Shoot To Kill, Protecting The Capitol By Aiming Fo...
- "From its consecrated cerements ...
- The Mansel Report: Dispatch From West Virginia
- Rwanda and State Sponsored Genocide
- Agenda Offenda
- Nigeria: Oil
- The Non-Elected Liars and the Liars That Love Them...
- Karl Rove
- Under the Constitution reading upside down...
- Air Force One (The Sadistic Wagon With The Squeaky...
- The Owl and The Crow
- Predictions: The Bush/Clinton Alliance
- It's Easy To Be Cryptic When You Are Miles Away
- Look Into The Camera Eye
- A Collaboration of Ideas
- Beware of Whores Who Say They Do Not Want Money
- Feeling Dirty Under The Tap
- Predictions From The Mansel Report
- Rove and Son
- Cornel West
- Suicide Bombers
- Bill of Rights
- ▼ July (29)