My body was lost somewhere in the blue of the flag
Riding silent on a passenger plane like a gut shot stag
Tears falling over me somewhere in a terminal chair
Leaving Afghanistan my soul was frozen in the glare
I was a coalition force asleep in the arms of the Taliban
An envoy of force impaled in a land I didn’t understand
Abu Ghraid was the reason they broke all of my bones
My government couldn’t have left me more alone
When I lost the light in the room, before I started to die
I felt something moving slowly across my closed eyes
I saw a Shia sunrise over a spilt open electrical cord
I thought I heard America The Beautiful miss a chord
- Chris Mansel
- ► 2007 (60)
- Beltway Hostels
- Warlord Charles Taylor Arrested
- Andrew Card's resignation
- Tuesday Follies, March 28, 2006
- The Tracks Are To The Train as The Hole Is To The ...
- The Medici Having Strung the Bow With the Intestin...
- A Tribute To The Late Comic Mitch Hedberg
- A Historic Win In Florence, Alabama
- The Tuesday Evening Follies for the Bob Kincaid Sh...
- The Victim's Act of 1910
- Pancake Day
- Stars and Stripes Flying Upside Down (Past Recolle...
- Fear Harbor
- 10 Doctors Killed In Iraq
- Panic Disperse
- Obituary of a POW
- ▼ March (16)