On any shopping day of the year, especially the biggest, the day after Thanksgiving, the Mall of America is most vulnerable for terrorist attack. According to http://www.mallofamerica.com/ over 320 million people have visited since it’s opening. Without overwhelming security it would be next to impossible for it to defend itself against a terrorist attack. A suicide bomber, or several bombers not unlike those wrecking havoc in Iraq and across the world could simply walk in and kill or maim and untold number of shoppers. Only if a major figure likes a politician visiting would call for extreme security. Nearly 3,000 were killed in the bombings of the Twin Towers, the number of the Mall of America could dwarf that.
Take the Oklahoma City bombing for instance. A truck filed with explosives could tear a huge chunk out of the mall especially if driven into the complex. The scenarios are horrific. The one item on the Homeland Security agenda should be the protection of U.S. citizens. Why not protect them where they assemble, the Mall of America, what bigger symbol of America could you find?
- Chris Mansel
Friday, November 25, 2005
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- Why The Tug At Your Heart Is Never Organic
- Blog Success on the Conservative Dime
- The Most Vulnerable Site in AMerica for Terrorist ...
- George Orwell
- So Where Are You Mrs. Robinson?
- Bush Ghosts
- Thundered On The Flesh: New York Stories
- Lives Lost In The Cleanup of New Orleans
- Abramoff's Whores
- The Abandonment of Friends
- The Leviathan Who Fought On His Knees ( for Bob KI...
- A Conservationist's Danny Boy
- A Blind Eye Over An Open Grave
- HIV Positive and Hurricane Katrina
- The Garden Without Any Soil
- Mass Gatherings In A Single Grain Of Sand
- Tribute to The Onion
- Many Witnessed The Beginning
- ▼ November (18)