After speaking with someone who has been working in the cleanup of New Orleans I have learned of the true conditions, not of the toxic stew everyone speaks of but the danger and loss of life. There have been several deaths that have not made the news.
One worker was accidentally run over by heavy equipment, another worker was run over by a truck carrying debris. Worst of all a mother and son were killed when a truck turned over and crushed them. CNN and the other news agencies speak of reporters having embedded status and collecting news alongside our troops but no one is reporting of the loss of life after Katrina. Where are the war grizzled journalists in their khaki shirts peering bravely into the camera?
- Chris Mansel
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
- ► 2007 (60)
- ► 2006 (91)
- Why The Tug At Your Heart Is Never Organic
- Blog Success on the Conservative Dime
- The Most Vulnerable Site in AMerica for Terrorist ...
- George Orwell
- So Where Are You Mrs. Robinson?
- Bush Ghosts
- Thundered On The Flesh: New York Stories
- Lives Lost In The Cleanup of New Orleans
- Abramoff's Whores
- The Abandonment of Friends
- The Leviathan Who Fought On His Knees ( for Bob KI...
- A Conservationist's Danny Boy
- A Blind Eye Over An Open Grave
- HIV Positive and Hurricane Katrina
- The Garden Without Any Soil
- Mass Gatherings In A Single Grain Of Sand
- Tribute to The Onion
- Many Witnessed The Beginning
- ▼ November (18)