At long last the bloody scared hand of seething animal skin inhibition has finally escaped the last or more current beast that is America. Marchers of illegal aliens, the discussion to remove the all-seeing eye of the live feed, the camera from the White House press room and the first indecision and false start attempt to reap blood from the tragedy of September 11 have all come into view.
Pennies over the eyes of trauma victims and the incoming devastation in New Orleans this hurricane season, the requests for former FEMA manager Michael Brown for interviews, face time, leads the citizen of the world to strike back with words but not votes. It is no longer enough to kill a mockingbird; today you must define that act of violence by downed power lines and residue from discharging the weapon.
Like the German army in the Russian snow we have become the bodies thrown across ox carts like Napoleon except these bodies travel in first class with unseen American flags falling from the skies, the thread of fabric catching on every wire service radar. Bats hang in desolation waiting for darkness to jump out like political consultants, precinct captains in the mid-term elections to label the war as high gas prices and not body bags. The winning of Iraqi hearts and minds left to postmortem explanations.
- Chris Mansel
Thursday, May 04, 2006
- ► 2007 (60)
- Mansel Report / Closed
- The Merciless Grenades of the Far Right
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part six)
- I Am A Witness. What can I do?
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part five)
- Ashes In A Pan
- The Bizarre But True Love Between Lou Dobbs and Bi...
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part four)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part three)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part two)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate
- Maggots For The Prosecution (for Bob Kincaid)
- ▼ May (13)