As we left the bar we saw a group of Secret Service running to the salon located in the Watergate. We followed behind them to see a drunken Scooter Libby rubbing mud on his face and screaming about a free facial. Karl Rove was standing across the room from Libby talking into his cell phone. The Secret Service stormed into the room and Libby twirled the chair around at them and grabbing the terrified makeup attendant he started spitting on her neck and rubbing it in and screaming in a voice reminiscent of Truman Capote, “Isn’t it pretty, isn’t it pretty!”
The agents tackled the lady and Libby and began kicking them both. Rove sat down at the front desk and began flipping through the call caddy and copying down the names. One agent turned to secure the area and noticed us photographing the scene. The agent grimaced and started toward us but he slipped in the blood pouring from the woman’s forehead.
We ran down the hallway and were almost out of the hotel when Jack suggested we head for the conference room Rove had just left. We ran across the lobby and through the door. Down the stairs we met by a cleaning crew. We flashed our I.D.’s and took the garbage bag from them for inspection. They could have cared less why we needed it or for our identifications.
Back in the car I eased into traffic as Jack fished through the bag. He began laughing hysterically when he found a list of congressmen who had participated in the Duke Cunningham hooker scandal. Rove had the names circled and beside several of the names were amounts of money and personal phone numbers. One name in particular hit us more than others, Matt Drudge.
- Chris Mansel
Saturday, May 13, 2006
- ► 2007 (60)
- Mansel Report / Closed
- The Merciless Grenades of the Far Right
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part six)
- I Am A Witness. What can I do?
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part five)
- Ashes In A Pan
- The Bizarre But True Love Between Lou Dobbs and Bi...
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part four)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part three)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate (part two)
- Flashing The Hash at the Watergate
- Maggots For The Prosecution (for Bob Kincaid)
- ▼ May (13)